Social Care Online is the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
About Social Care Online
Social Care Online is the UK's largest online database of information on all aspects of social work and social care. It includes legislation, government documents, practice and guidance, systematic reviews, research briefings, UK grey (informally-published) literature, books, text books and journal articles. The database is updated daily and contains around 150,000 records from the 1980s onwards.
How can Social Care Online help me?
Whatever your role in social care, you need to keep up to date with the latest information, knowledge and good practice. Social Care Online provides easy access to a wide range of high quality information, research and hard-to-find resources which have been evaluated by social care information specialists. It is also free to use!
Social Care Online is a useful resource for:
- students: Find references and research to support your coursework
- researchers: Look for the latest research findings on your specialist subject
- social workers and frontline staff: Search for evidence and case studies to improve your practice and support your professional development
- managers of care and health services: Check your policies and procedures against current legislation and good practice guides
- trainers and educators: Discover materials and research to support your training and education programmes
- commissioners of care and health services: Locate evidence to inform your commissioning decisions
- policy makers: Keep up to date with the latest policy publications
- people who use care services, and their carers: Find information on new developments in delivering services and compare with the service you receive.
What features will I find on Social Care Online?
- Fast Google-type standard search, with the ability to refine searches.
- Informative abstracts with links to the full text of reports, books and other publications where these are freely available on the web.
- Extended abstracts for systematic reviews.
Who manages Social Care Online?
The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) improves the lives of people who use care services by sharing knowledge about what works. We are an independent charity working with adults, families and children's social care and social work services across the UK. We also work closely with related services such as health care and housing.