Bereavement Support Payment | GOV.UK
You may be able to get Bereavement Support Payment (BSP) if your husband, wife or civil partner died in the last 21 months.
You must claim within 3 months of your partner’s death to get the full amount. You can claim up to 21 months after their death but you’ll get fewer monthly payments.
Bereavement Support Payment has replaced Bereavement Allowance (previously Widow’s Pension), Bereavement Payment, and Widowed Parent’s Allowance.
You could be eligible if your partner either:
- paid National Insurance contributions for at least 25 weeks in one tax year
- died because of an accident at work or a disease caused by work
When they died you must have been:
- under State Pension age
- living in the UK or a country that pays bereavement benefits
You cannot claim BSP if you’re in prison.
For more information including what you will get, how to claim and other useful information please go to the web link below.
Who to contact
- 0800 731 0469 (helpline) 0800 731 0469 (helpline)
- Scan to visit this website