Skip to main content
Coronavirus | Updates, advice and resources for families and practitioners

Educational Psychology Service (EPS) (Local SEND Offer)

What is this service?

A service for schools families and others involved in the care of children and young people who experience educational, psychological and emotional difficulties.

Who is it for?

  • Children and young people age 0-25
  • Parents and carers
  • Schools, nurseries and other educational settings

Services Offered

  • Advice (via telephone enquiries, sign posting)
  • Consultation
  • Training and projects
  • Direct work (assessment, interventions and therapeutic work)
  • Research
  • Strategic work with local authorities and other agencies

Outcomes for service users

  • Improved psychological and emotional well being
  • Psychological input in collaboration with others to devise strategies in order to address concerns about ¬†development and educational progress

More information

For more information about this service, please click here

Who to contact

Parminder Bansal
020 8708 7494

Where to go

Ray Lodge Childrens Resource Centre
Childrens Resource Centre, 91Ray Lodge RoadWoodford BridgeWoodford GreenEssexIG8 7PG

When is it on?

Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 5.00pm

Other Details

Under 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Referral needed?
Referral Details

Pre school children

Professionals such as health visitors or doctors, or staff in pre-school settings can make  a referral to the Pre-School Liaison Group (a team of people from Health, Social Services, the Voluntary Sector and Education who meet regularly to talk about and plan for children under 5 years who have additional/special educational needs). The Educational Psychology Service  becomes involved with pre-school children and their families through the Pre School Liaison Group.

School age children

Every Redbridge maintained school has an EP who makes regular visits. Where the school is concerned about a child,  they may  involve the Educational Psychologist (with parental permission).

Parents may contact the Service direct by telephone  to ask for general advice.

Post 16

EPs may also become involved with young people over 16 with Statements of Special Educational Needs or Education Health and Care Plans.

Back to top Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited