Childcare Service compensation | GOV.UK

Check if you can get a top-up refund or compensation if you’ve been unable to access Tax-Free Childcare or 30 hours free childcare due to technical issues.

If you’ve been affected by technical issues in your Childcare Account for either Tax-Free Childcare or 30 hours free childcare, HMRC will try and fix your problem as quickly as possible.

If we cannot, you may be able to claim:

  • a refund of the Tax-Free Childcare top-up by completing this form
  • compensation for 30 hours free childcare in writing

Who to contact

Scan to visit this website


Save to Shortlist

Last Updated

Last updated:

Skip back to top of page