What is Redbridge Local Safeguarding Children Board?
All organisations and professionals have a duty to keep children safe. If you have concerns about a child’s welfare or suspect that a child is being neglected or abused, please contact Redbridge Council. Redbridge Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) is a statutory body established by the Council as a children’s services authority, under the Children Act 2004.
What do we do?
We are responsible for ensuring that all agencies who work with children and young people in Redbridge work together to promote the welfare and safety of children in the local area. We co-ordinate the work of local agencies and ensure that this work is carried out in an effective way.
How do we do this?
We work in partnership with local agencies to:
- produce policies and procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in Redbridge
- plan services for children in the local area
- raise awareness of safeguarding issues in the community
- monitor the effectiveness of the work that is done by local agencies
- undertake Serious Case Reviews when a child dies or is seriously injured through abuse or neglect
- collect and analyse data about all child deaths in Redbridge
The Redbridge LSCB endorses and works within the London Child Protection Procedures.