The access, assessment and brief intervention service is for adults aged 18 to 65 needing community mental health services in the London borough of Redbridge. We focus on wellbeing and recovery and offer short term support with the aim of getting you back to where you want to be in life.
We provide an initial mental health assessment and once assessed we may:
- refer or signpost to other mental health services or organisations
- signpost to other services (e.g. social services)
- and/or offer brief intervention by the team for up to six months
If needed, we can offer:
- full assessment of mental health and social care needs
- access to a psychiatrist
- talking therapies and other psychological help
- advice and information
- crisis intervention
- psychiatric medication review if appropriate
- self-guided support
- support with social problems
- recovery and wellbeing approaches
We also provide a single telephone number for anyone enquiring about mental health services in Redbridge, urgent mental health assessment where needed, and management of referrals to other specialist mental health services.