What is an Advanced Learning Loan?
You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the costs of a course at a college or training provider in England.
Loan eligibility does not depend on your income and there are no credit checks.
You’ll have to start repaying your loan when your income is over a certain amount (the ‘threshold’ amount).
You’ll be charged interest from the day you get the first payment.
What you'll get
How much you get depends on:
- the type of course
- your course fees
- the maximum loan available for your course
The minimum loan you can get is £300 and is paid directly to your college or training provider.
You do not have to borrow the full cost of your course - you can pay for some of it yourself.
Whether you qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan depends on your:
- college or training provider
- nationality or residency status
You must be 19 or older on the first day of your course.
Your course must be:
- a Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 qualification, for example A Levels or graduate certificate
- at an approved college or training provider in England