As you already know it is vital that you have policies and procedures in place to deal with everything relating to children’s health – from daily medication information to what happens in an emergency! This section should have some helpful information to assist you when considering your policies and procedures
What do you need to consider?
Here is a list of things you must have in place:
- Emergency contact details – have you asked parents to update their emergency contact details recently?
- Emergency medical consent – if an emergency happens have the child’s parents provided you with consent for their child to receive medical treatment?
- Infection control – do you have a copy of the 'Guidance on Infection Control and Communicable Diseases'?
New health guidance for early education, childcare and schools: Public Health England (PHE) have published new guidance on:
- Management of Human Bites
- Infection Control and Communicable Diseases
- Handwashing Poster
See Related Downloads on the right of the screen for more information.