What is the North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT)?
North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) provides an extensive range of integrated community and mental health services for people living in the London boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and Waltham Forest, and community health services in south west Essex across Brentwood, Basildon and Thurrock.
NELFT has a core set of values outlining what is important to our staff and the people who use our services.
- People first
- Prioritising quality
- Progressive, innovative and continually improving
- Professional and honest
- Promoting what is possible independence, opportunity and choices
Community health services
- Care and support for Children and Young People living with long-term conditions such as diabetes and epilepsy
- Speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy & orthotics and Nutrition & Dietetics
- Health visiting, community and school nursing
- Many services that in other areas may be provided in hospital, such as foot care and Children’s audiology
- Community Paediatric Medical and Community Dental services
Mental health services
- Specialist inpatient and community-based treatment and care for Children and Young People experiencing acute mental illness
- Help for children and young people with emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties
- Problems associated with drug and alcohol misuse in young people#
Who can access the services?
Our Community Health services are provided to children and Young People who reside and attend school within the London Borough of Redbridge.
Where are the services delivered?
Our services are delivered in a variety of locations including community clinics, schools and special schools, Child Development Centres and where appropriate in the child’s home. Where children are identified with additional needs including Special Educational Needs and Disabilities we will work with partner agencies to develop an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans.
Information for schools that have admitted a child with a health condition
Please click here to find guidance on how to put support in place for a child with a health condition and that does not already have educational support in place.