Education support for children with SEND

Additional services to support a child or young person’s learning, development and family circumstances can be provided by early years settings, schools and colleges. All settings, schools or colleges will have a Special Educational Need Coordinator (SENCO) or nominated person responsible for SEND who will support your child to achieve their learning outcomes. All special schools in Redbridge have Parent Support Advisors (PSA) who will work with parents and a range of agencies and organisations that provide support to parents and families.

Early years settings, schools and colleges can also access support from a range of organisations including schools with specialist education and outreach services, Redbridge Council Children’s Services and the health service.

Other areas of support include Transition and Transport.

Related advice and information

  1. Supporting pupils at school with medical conditions (GOV.UK)
View all services

Browse by subject

Related information

  1. Health Service Guidance for Schools

Related Images

Select image to enlarge

Skip back to top of page