Special Schools in Redbridge
Redbridge has five dedicated special schools and a further eleven schools in the borough that cater for pupils with special educational needs & disabilities. Please click on the individual school for further information and to find out how each school can support children and young people with SEND.
- Hatton School (Special School)
- Hatchside School (Special School)
- Mayespark Primary School (ASD ARP)
- Redbridge Primary School (ASD ARP)
- Cranbrook Primary School (ASD ARP)
- Cranbrook Primary School (CUBE Unit)
- Roding Primary School (Deaf Unit)
- Little Heath School (Special School)
- Caterham High School (ASD ARP)
- Caterham High School (Deaf Unit)
- Beacon Communication School (BSC) Beal High School (ASD ARP)
- The Forest Academy (ASD Unit)
- Woodbridge High School (The Bridge Unit)
All Through Schools
For all school applications, including applications for children: transferring to Secondary school for the first time and/or applying for Reception Primary for the first time, please contact the Special Educational Needs Team for more information on SENteam@redbridge.gov.uk or telephone 020 8708 8216.
Special schools outside of Redbridge
There are many more Special Schools outside of Redbridge that take children with a range of moderate to profound learning difficulties and disabilities. If you are unable to find a suitable school in Redbridge, we can support you in finding schools outside the borough that are able to meet your child's needs.
Independent and non-maintained special schools
If you are interested in independent and non-maintained special schools, you can view a list produced by the Department for Education here.
- Independent and non-maintained special schools
- Independent educational institutions, independent special schools and post 16 institutions.
For a quick guide to Education Health and Care Plans (EHC Plans) please click here or view the Information for Parents booklet (6MB).