Redbridge Information, Advice and Support Service (RIASS) is here to offer a free and impartial service to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their parents or carers.
What help you can get and how long you can receive help for is different for each individual and we tailor our services to meet your specific needs. This might include face-to-face meetings, contact by telephone and/or email.
We can offer information, advice and support on a range of issues including:
- SEND Support available in Redbridge
- The Local Offer
- Local parent support groups
- Other local or national support
- Individual case work and representation
- Preparing for and attending meetings
- Support in resolving disagreements, mediation and tribunals
- Local policy and practice including transition to adulthood, the law on SEN and Disability, information on health and social care
- Help with Social Care and Health Services issues
- Support around Education, Health and Care Plans (EHC) including Annual Reviews
Parents, carers and young people can make a self referral via phone or email. Whilst there may be occasions when it is appropriate for a professional to make contact with the service on behalf of a parent or young person, we will only accept these referrals on the full understanding that consent has been given.
Our phonelines are open 10.00am - 1.00pm. You can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail message at any time.
Our phoneline is very well used and is often busy. We know this can be frustrating if you are trying to reach us. Please leave a message on the voicemail. We pick up messages regularly and respond to every message in date order. Messages left on the answering machine outside our phonelines hours will be picked up during the next phoneline session. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible and usually this will be on the same or next working day.
We welcome feedback from children, young people, parents and carers on the services that we offer. If you have been in touch with RIASS and would like to provide us with your feedback please complete our short online survey. Where we receive feedback from families we will publish the outcomes and anonymous comments on this page (see download section).
020 8708 8922