Education, Health and Care Plans/Assessments (EHCP)
Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans The statutory assessment process must be co-ordinated across education, health and care. It is vital that the EHC plans reflect the views, interests and aspirations of children, young people, and their parents.
The Assessment Process
If your child has SEN and you do not feel that they are getting the support they require, then the first step would be to raise your concerns with your child’s school, early year’s provider or college and they will be able to advise you and/or make a referral for an EHC assessment. If you would prefer to make the referral directly then please call 020 8708 8210 and a member of the SEN team will be able to take your referral and guide you through the process.
A request for an Education, Health and Care needs assessment can be made by:
- a child’s parent/carer
- a young person over the age 16, but under the age of 25
- a person acting on behalf of a school or post 16 institution (SENCO and Inclusion Manager)
- Anyone else who thinks that an EHC needs assessement may be necessary. For example, foster carers, health and social care professionals, early years practitioners, youth offending teams etc.
For more about the assessment process, click here.
What is an EHCP and who is it for? (Youtube video)
The EHCP and the person centred connection (Youtube video)
To find out more about EHC Plans, click here.
Browse by subject
- Multi Agency Resource Panel (MARP) Terms of Reference - Dec 2016
- Education, Health and Care (EHC) PANEL Terms of Reference - December 2016
- SEND Resource Levels & Banding Matrix
- 2017-18 Transfer Plan Redbridge Final
- EHC Plan Template
- For Professionals Use Only Education Health and Care EHC - Needs Assessment Request Form - December 2022
- SEND EARLY YEARS PANEL (SEYP) Terms of Reference - June 2023