Home based childcare

What can a home based childcarer offer?

  • Suitable for all ages
  • You will either hire through an agency or will become their employer, responsible for salary and pensions (click here for details of employing someone as a nanny)
  • Not typically registered, however can choose to register on Ofsted's voluntary childcare register
  • Flexible hours provided within the child's home
  • Cannot offer funded early education places, Tax Free Childcare or childcare costs through tax credits/universal credit unless registered with Ofsted

Choosing a home based childcarer

For information on choosing a childcare provider, please click here.

Finding a home based childcarer

For a list of home based childcarers registered with Ofsted who have provided consent to include their details on this directory, please press the 'View all services' button. Once in the list, you can filter by age, location and much more.  

Related advice and information

  1. Choosing a babysitter (NSPCC)
  2. Setting up as a nanny
Skip back to top of page