Network Childminders are part of a Childminding Network who are supported by a Childminding Development Officer within the local authority. They must regularly show that they meet certain criteria aimed at ensuring committed and quality childminding practice. Further information on what being a network childminder involves is shown below and you can find contact details of local network childminders by selecting 'View all services'
- Network childminders receive one to one support from a local authority Childminding Development Officer to help them further develop their childminding practices;
- They are assessed, monitored and supported in their home at regular intervals to ensure that high quality standards are met and maintained;
- Commit to continuous training and professional development;
- Can become accredited and offer parents the option of Free Early Learning places for eligible 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
- Work to the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and the PACEY Quality Standards (formerly NCMA).
- Are active members of Network Childminder Groups and Forums.
If you would like to find out more please contact FiND.