As of 1st September 2019, new criteria has been added for those wishing to access a free early learning place for 2 year olds.
The new criteria are:
- Children of Zambrano Carers
- Children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR)
- Children of a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 – ‘the 1999 Act’)
Most parents and carers can find out if they are eligible online by visiting https://parentportal.redbridge.gov.uk, however we are unable to assess whether families are eligible under the criteria above using the online Parent Portal and therefore a manual application must be processed. Please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Parent/Carer to complete the manual application form
- Step 2: Send a copy of the completed application to email@example.com
- Step 3: Arrange to provide the required documents to evidence eligibility. This can be either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or an appointment can be made by contacting FiND on 0800 587 7500. PLEASE DO NOT SEND US ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS.
Should you need any further help with applying for the two year old funding, please contact the FiND helpline on 0800 587 7500, 020 8708 8920 or email email@example.com.